PDF – 35.4 kB
Product descriptiontesa® 4990 is a single-sided adhesive tape using a modified-acrylic adhesive and a black PET-cloth backing. The acrylic adhesive combines fast dwelling performance in combination with excellent resistance against elevated temperature. tesa® 4990 shows excellent tensile resistance for high tension processes as well. tesa® 4990 is offering in-line curing of the adhesive to compensate the general effect of adhesive softening at high temperature. This results in a stable adhesive strength across a wide temperature range.
- Shear resistant, acrylic adhesive
- Tensile resistant PET-fabric backing
- Easy handling and application
- Suitable for high temperature processes - resisting up to 250°C
- High tear-resistance for high tension processes
- No cure time - Eliminates cure time for faster production
- No machinery investment - Utilize existing machinery to implement more efficient production
Main applicationsSplicing of metal webs is the focus application for this specifically designed product withstanding elevated temperatures as well as processes with high web-tension.
Thickness of tape
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Type of liner
Tensile strength (crosswise)
- Liner variant: PV6 red MOPP-film (80µm; 72g/m²)
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.