Bonding adhesive tapes
for industrial use
Copiers & printers manufacturing
Industry Form Product finder
The advantages of using adhesive bonding in industry include:
- Versatility – it can be used on a wide variety of different materials to create a secure and reliable bond, including difficult-to-stick surfaces such as LSE plastics.
- Reduction of weight – using adhesive bonding can be lighter than using, for example, metal fasteners. This can be important in sectors such as consumer electronics, automotive, and renewable energy, where reducing the weight of outputs can be a priority.
- Improved performance – some adhesives solutions have cushioning or damping properties which can offer protection against impact, or noise and vibration reduction.
- Better sealing – bonding adhesives can provide protection against water, dust, and other environmental factors.
Disadvantages of adhesive bonding:
- Proper application is significant – some adhesives may require some expertise to achieve the desired results. Following our application guidelines, however, will provide the necessary knowledge for a successful application.
- Surfaces may need careful preparation to ensure strong adhesion.
If you have any questions or concerns about the suitability or use of a tesa® product, we are here to help. Speak to one of our technical experts for help.
It depends on the specification of the product. In the past, bonding adhesives have often been regarded as difficult and time-consuming to remove. However, our portfolio of bonding tapes includes products that facilitate a more sustainable process by being easy to remove, making it easier to rework or recycle components or materials. Check the specification of the product or contact our us for advice.