PDF – 37 kB
Product descriptiontesa® 62957 is a double sided PE foam tape. The tape is equipped with an acrylic adhesive.
tesa® 62957 was designed for customers operating under cold temperatures on construction sites or in unheated production environments. Normally, pressure-sensitive adhesive tapes are facing problems in cold environments due to an insufficient level of tack, which ultimately leads to a significantly lower bonding performance. Where other tape technologies fail, our tesa® 62957 shows an impressive performance on a variety of different substrates at very low temperatures (down to -10°C). These superior cold processible characteristics are a result of this product’s unique adhesive formulation.
tesa® 62957 features:
- Excellent initial tack even at low temperatures
- Superior cold processible characteristics (down to -10°C)
- Fully outdoor suitable (UV, water and ageing resistant)
- Mounting of reinforcement bars
- Mounting of window skirting trims
- Bonding of trims and profiles (plastic extrusions)
- Mounting of shelf edge labeling systems
- Mounting applications requiring sealing, gap filling, noise dampening and shock absorption characteristics
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Adhesion to Steel (initial)
Adhesion to Aluminium (after 14 days)
Adhesion to PVC (initial)
Adhesion to Aluminium (initial)
Adhesion to Steel (after 14 days)
Adhesion to PVC (after 14 days)
Ageing resistance (UV)
Temperature resistance long term
Static shear resistance at 40°C
Temperature resistance short term
Additional InfoLiner variants:
- PV14 white PE coated paper (122μm)
- PV15 blue PE film (100μm)
- tesa® 62957/58 is tested according to IFT MO-01/1 : 2007/1; Report No.: 15-002458-PR01. Category 4.3 Temperature Cycle Test. Category 4.4 UV and Humidity Resistance.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.