PDF – 34.6 kB
Product descriptiontesa® 51207 is a thin UV and abrasion resistant high density PE tape with excellent adhesive power. The product is optimised for the automotive industry to protect components, trim parts and harnesses against mechanical damage in combination with noise prevention.
- Transparency and UV resistance assist the application in the visible area
- Self-lubricating tape with very good sliding properties reduces wear and friction and prevents noise
- High energy absorption capacity even at high stress levels
Main applicationstesa® 51207 is especially designed for interior and exterior anti-squeak and abrasion protection at the assembly line to ensure a reliable:
- Masking of sharp-edged sheet-metal components
- Sliding of car roofs, slide doors, delicate components
- Prevention of noise and wear, e.g. from trim parts
- Protection of harnesses in high friction areas
- Application in visible areas e.g. bumper, B-pillar, wheel arch
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Type of liner
Adhesion to steel
Additional InfoVery good UV resistance: > 1000h WOM Florida test
The material can be supplied as die cuts in roll or sheets individually to customer specific dimensions under tesa® 54207
tesa’s automation and application solution department provides customised equipment and self-designed application tools to enhance productivity.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.