Job Summary Sales Specialist - Automotive
The Sales Specialist has operating responsibility, and is accountable to the Sales Manager for operating the territory within the scope assigned by his/her Manager. Responsible for gaining specification approvals and soliciting orders for assigned products in the automotive segment, training and coordinating proactive programs with key distributors, for achieving approved sales objectives for customer relations, for expense control, for contributing specialized knowledge to marketing planning and coordinating for new business development.
- Meet or exceed all established sales objectives and goals for assigned territory
- Execute the business unit’s sales strategy through specialized working knowledge of tesa solutions
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Build relationship with the customer – OEM, OES and supply chain partner
- Recommend and specify tesa solutions within the automotive value chain
- Participate on line trials of tesa solutions at OEM and Tier suppliers
- Report required field sales activity through company specified CRM system
- Plan and organize effective use of time to meet the demands of the territory objectives
- Partner & collaborate with all company business units to find the best solutions for the customer
- Maintain behavior, appearance, and standard of performance in line with the company’s Code of Conduct, policies and procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with Business Major preferred
- Strong understanding of selling concepts and automotive market gained either via experience or education.
- Customer centric and customer focus to provide solutions to customer.
- Strong characteristics of empathy, ego drive, ego strength and relationship building skills.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license.
- Must be able and willing to travel (by both air & auto) 50% of the time.
- Skilled and proficient in use of computers to include but not limited to Microsoft products-Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint-as well as ability to use Customer Relationship Management software programs.