Following an internal promotion and as part of their ongoing transformation, tesa are now seeking an experienced and motivated sales leader with a strong knowledge of the flexo printing industry to drive growth in their UK and Nordic markets.
This role is remote and we are open to candidates located in Denmark, Sweden or the United Kingdom.
tesa is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of technical adhesive tapes and self-adhesive system solutions (more than 7,000 products) for industrial and professional customers as well as end consumers. Since 2001, tesa SE (4,716 employees) has been a wholly owned affiliate of Beiersdorf AG (whose products include NIVEA, Eucerin, and la prairie). They are over 5000 employees in more than 100 countries around the world and have 14 production sites globally.
tesa have applications for various industrial sectors – automotive, electronics (eg. smartphones, tablets), printing and paper, building supply, and security concepts for effective brand and product protection.
From circular economy and climate-neutral business to promoting young talent: tesa’s new sustainability agenda covers seven key areas. These goals fall under the three overarching sustainability objectives they have implemented to strengthen their business – and they are committed to devoting more work here going forward.
tesa also prides itself in being an innovation-driven organisation, something which is already apparent when you consider that more than 500 of the nearly 5000 employees worldwide work in research and development. tesa also invests around five percent of its annual sales in this area.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Sales Manager UK/Nordics is mainly responsible for:
- Achieving the sales & profit targets of the agreed business plans
- Building and developing a successful and effective sales team to achieve the strategic objectives and business targets
- Building strong, long-term win-win partnerships between tesa and selected key customers
Therefore, the expected tasks will be as follows:
- Execute the market strategy based on operational action plans
- Plan, organize, monitor and steer all needed sales activities
- Set and implement annual sales plan to meet business needs
- Ensure the implementation of agreed pricing and assortment policy
- Ensure the implementation of agreed value based customer guidelines
- Empower local Sales & Marketing Organization to achieve leading measures (strategic KPIs) and propose / take corrective actions if needed
- Manage sales teams in terms of sales coaching in the field, prepare and make Appraisals, define salary and variable pay, set targets, recruit new sales resources, define objectives and monitor them
- Develop the sales strategy based on market needs, market structure (e.g. value chain), competitor situation and regional input (regional market strategy)
- Support new product / solution / offer development & deployment in order to drive innovation within tesa (New Product Pipeline (NPP) Process)
- Support creation of strong partnerships between tesa and selected important customers
- Coordinate sales development, support the sales team on new projects, set sales development targets and priorities
- Gather market information, its trends, products and competitors, in order to strengthen our market knowledge as well as to consolidate these information and select what can be useful for future meetings or providing input for strategy shaping
The successful candidate will have a strong educational foundation supported by at least five years’ professional experience in sales at a multinational company. You will also be an experienced leader, having led a remote sales team, ideally at a regional level.
You will have a solid background in the flexo community, preferably from an OEM or other supplier eg. ink, plates etc, and possibly be a member of your local flexo association. Additional knowledge of the paper industry would be a plus.
Given the international scope of this role, you will be expected to travel based on the needs of the business to eg. participate in internal or client meetings, coach your employees or attend fairs/exhibitions. It is essential that you are fluent in English, both written and spoken, though if you also have professional proficiency in one or more of the Nordic languages, that would be advantageous.
Joining tesa, you will be part of a market-leading organisation with a strong focus on sustainability and innovation through people. Their key value is doing the right thing for the customer and you will see this prioritsation in many aspects of your work. With a large team of colleagues around the world, you will be surrounded by a wealth of technical knowledge and opportunities for collaboration across borders.
tesa balances innovative thinking with attractive conditions for their employees and support internal development and promotions. It is therefore no surprise that many employees have a long track record.
We look forward to hearing from you
To apply for this role, please send your CV to www.mercuriurval.com using ref.no. DK-08608 as soon as possible. The closing date for applications will be 3rd September 2021. For additional information please contact Serena Scalzo (+45 5076 1219).