The Customer Care Associate is the regular contact for the Industrial Market segment including but not limited to: receipt of orders via Fax, Phone, E.D.I. or specific industrial customer supply systems, communicating customer’s order status, delivery dates, problems, complaints, communication and resolution and other inquiries that may arise while doing so in a courteous, effective and efficient manner. He/she will be required to proactively communicate with other internal and external personnel including but not limited to: Sales Personnel, various Market Managers, Product Managers, Program Managers, Materials Management, Finance and Warehouse. He / She is responsible for initiating and following up on customer complaints and invoice deductions. He / She will assist in the setup of new accounts. This is considered a “critical position” for emergencies / weather related events. This is a non-supervisory position.
- Verifies the accuracy of the customer’s orders and makes and communicates any corrections deemed necessary to ensure all orders are accepted and entered correctly.
- Manages EDI data for customer releases to include correction of errors.
- Answers customer inquiries relating to order status, shipping/delivery dates, pro number, carrier and any additional questions that may arise.
- Proactively communicates with other internal and external personnel including but not limited to: Sales Personnel, various Market Managers, Product Managers, Materials Management, Finance and Warehouse.
- Refers customers to the proper technical resource within the Industrial Market group for customer inquiries or concerns.
- Ensures all received purchase order pricing is in accordance with the loaded pricing in the customer price condition. Any deviations are communicated to the respective Salesperson for resolution. Results may be communicated to the customer.
- Proactively suggests enhancements and changes that will positively affect the service level that the customer is receiving in addition to implementing improvements for compliance with customer requirements.
- Uses CRM system to enter customer data, request data and information as needed.
- Participates in individual and team trainings and meetings to ensure knowledge is up-to-date.
- Maintains confidentiality of the organization’s customers and data.
- Monitors customer portals and act as administrator (if required) and inputs/ retrieves customer required information.
- Retrieve Customer Scorecards from customer portals, emails – post and share information.
- Effectively works and communicates in a multi-cultural environment seeking assistance as needed
- Associates degree or at least 4 years of prior customer service experience
- Prior manufacturing customer service experience a plus.
- SAP and EDI experience preferred.
- Excellent PC skills to include word processing and spreadsheet capabilities.
- Prior experience with a customer data management system.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Excellent phone skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Some travel may be required from time to time to visit customers, training and participate in team meetings or events up to 20%.