PDF – 34.4 kB
Standard Grade Polyimide Tape 260°C
Product descriptiontesa® 51407 is a standard grade polyimide tape with a silicone adhesive that has been specially developed to provide a solution for applications which require high temperature and chemical resistance.
tesa® 51407 is used for various applications, especially for wave soldering, thermal insulation and cable wrapping as well as masking during powder-coating processes where the tape enables sharp color edges and offers excellent paint anchorage. The polyimide tape's silicone adhesive system makes the tape extremely heat-resistant, withstanding extreme temperatures of up to 260°C in continuous applications. tesa® 51407 standard grade polyimide tape is also available in a liner version for die-cuts.
- High temperature resistance (up to 260°C)
- High chemical resistance and dielectric strength
- Good conformability, thin backing for sharp paint lines
- Residue-free removability for masking applications
- tesa® 51407 is recommended for high temperature masking, e.g. powder coating, galvanizing
- The standard grade polyimide tape can be used for chemical production processes and wave soldering, e.g. during circuit board assembly
- Suitable for masking of 3D printing beds or electrical and thermal insulation, e.g. wire-or cable-wrapping
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Adhesion to steel
Dielectric breakdown voltage
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.