PDF – 35 kB
Double-sided PE foam tape
Product descriptionPrimer process is annoying but essential for many suppliers in the Automotive Industries nowadays!
The introduction of tesa® 64912 can help our customers eliminate the primer in the process1!
tesa® 64912 is a double-sided PE-foam tape. Its high performance adhesive enables primerless bonding of Low Surface Energy (LSE) and Medium Surface Energy (MSE) substrates.
- High initial performance to LSE and MSE surfaces without primer
- Reach ultimate peel adhesion level right after application
- Superior peel adhesion on PP substrates, even at an application temperature down to 5 °C
- Reliable performance at higher temperature
- Highly conformable and gap filling
- Excellent converting properties
- Eliminate the primer in the production process
- Enable a much more efficient and robust application
- Skip the pre-heating of tape in winter time
- Realise a healthier working condition
- Reach a more environmental friendly production
(*) For glass and soft EPDM substrates primer is still needed.
Main applicationsDeveloped for permanent mounting of similar and / or dissimilar plastic parts, tesa® 64912 can be widely used for mounting applications of smaller parts. Such as permanent mounting of
- park distance sensor bracket
- entry trim
- interior decorative trim
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Type of liner
Colour of liner
Thickness of liner
Adhesion to Steel (initial)
Adhesion to PP (after 14 days)
Adhesion to PP (initial)
Adhesion to Steel (after 14 days)
Additional InfoLiner variants:
PV0 brown glassine (69 μm)
- initial and after 14 days: foam splitting on Steel and PP
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.