PDF – 36.9 kB
tesa® 54336 flexible and temperature resistant
Precision die cuts for permanent hole covering applications with corrosion issue
Product descriptiontesa® 54336 is a strong PET with an extra thick adhesive layer. The product is optimised for the automotive industry to cover unused holes that require excellent sealing properties in combination with good temperature resistance.
• Ensures a reliable corrosion protection as e.g. the punch burrs will be securely sealed by 400µm adhesive layer
• Excellent temperature resistance up to 190°C extends the flexibility in the manufacturing process,
e.g. PVC and/ or paint oven drying processes
• Good paint and UBC (PVC) compatibility
• Secure adhesion on painted substrates and on reinforced plastic substrates in automotive lightweight constructions
Main applicationstesa® 54336 is especially designed for interior and exterior hole covering applications at the assembly line or even at the paint shop area to protect exposed punch burrs against corrosion in combination with the freedom to decide when and where the holes are covered during the manufacturing process.
• After e-coat where a good compatibility to UBC (PVC) and sealant is required,
e.g. car body platform, wheel houses, engine compartment
• Before paint shop where good paint compatibility is essential
• At the assembly line for exterior and interior Hole Covering on all car body areas, e.g. pillars, rocker, front/rear floor
Type of adhesive
Adhesion to Steel (initial)
Temperature resistance (30 min)
Type of liner
UBC / Paint Compatibility
Resistance to chemicals
Additional Infotesa® 54336 can be supplied as die cuts in roll or sheets individually to customer specific dimensions
tesa’s automation and application solution department provides customized equipment and self-designed application tools to enhance productivity.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.