- drive a strong consumer focus into the organization and contribute to shape the consumer & market insight function
- support the successful execution of the new Consumer & Craftsmen growth strategy through advanced consumer & market research initiatives
- plan & execute research projects “end-to-end” from briefing to management summary & recommendations enabling stakeholders to take insight-driven and evidence-based decisions
- further develop & continuously enrich a highly flexible tool-box (methods & questionnaire modules) along the complete consumer journey and across the whole product life-cycle for quality, speed & efficiency gains in the research process
- contribute to build a 360° consumer knowledge ecosystem & analytics processes to gain holistic shopper / user understanding and to identify business opportunities from various offline & online data sources (ad-hoc research, brand tracking, retail panel, social, CRM, media and e-commerce metrics)
- establish agile consumer-closeness solutions to drive user centric ideation & validation of new products and solutions
- Broad knowledge of qual and quant methodologies & tools incl. trade panel and basic e-commerce & (social) media analytics.
- Ability to interpret research results with a 360° perspective on consumer, brand, market and trends.
- Building good working relationships with internal stakeholders of different departments to drive cross-functional cooperation and information flow.
- Strong data-affinity and ability to structure & condense data from various sources and to visualize the “story-line” in the data in an easy to understand & actionable way.
- Passionate about understanding the “why” behind figures and observations.
- Persistent curiosity to explore new territories, motivated to continuously learn, embrace change and new ways of working.
- Several years of professional experience as a CMI manager on the industry side or as senior in a research agency
- Ideally having experience from innovation driven FMCG & non-FMCG categories incl. familiarity with a multi-channel brand environment (retail & e-commerce)
- Practice in collaborative working methods (e.g. scrum, design thinking) is a plus
- Used to handle a “DIY” research platform (e.g. quantilope) is advantageous
- Strong in MS-Office; other software experience is a plus (e.g. data visualization, statistics, analytics, project management)
- Excellent written and spoken English & German
At tesa, we create sustainable adhesive solutions that improve the work, products and lives of our customers.
How we do it? At tesa, we dare to create! Therefore, we team up, we challenge ourselves and we set the pace. But we don’t just do that somehow. We act responsibly and always focus on our customers. Because only then we are able to achieve our goals and continuously improve our results.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and regard diversity as important for our long-term success. We expressly reject all forms of direct and indirect discrimination. All qualified applicants will be equally considered for employment regardless of their national origin, background, personal preferences and believes.
By applying you consent for the use of your resume for future opportunities within tesa.
If you want to find out more about tesa please visit us on our corporate web-page www.tesa.com and social media.
- Attractive remuneration
- Flexible working
- Further education and development perspectives
- Interdisciplinary and cross-departmental career opportunities
- Occupational pension provision
- Numerous offers for employees, such as health promotion, sports and leisure activities, employee discounts, and much more (including tesa Bike, the company's own fitness studio, prevention options)