The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator is responsible for ensure compliance with federal, state, provincial, local, and internal environmental, health, and safety regulations.
The EHS Coordinator will drive procedures, processes, training, and reporting that support Functional Coatings safety program and initiatives.
Principal Accountabilities/Main functions
- Ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA and other federal, state, provincial, local, and internal safety, health, and environmental standards
- Develops and maintains all emergency management systems along with driving incident prevention and management while facilitating investigations.
- Establishes as main contact for all environmental agencies and OSHA, as well as being responsible for all required reporting, including, but not limited to, monthly environmental reporting, OSHA reports, and workers’ compensation.
- Maintain records for all necessary inspections and reporting according to Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC), and Air Quality, Waste Streams, and other relevant areas.
- Ensures that hazard safety analyses and ergonomic assessments are performed on all equipment and processes along with reviewing all equipment for improvements.
- Ability to Implement and maintain a training program to ensure occupational health, environmental, and safety required training.
- Ability to Create a company calendar of all safety, environmental, and safety related training, reporting, audits, inspections etc. for all facilities.
- Support with the management of Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO 14001 including internal / external audits, goals, and governmental compliance. Responsible for daily coordination of team and activities.
- Support with the coordination and activities of the safety team to promote a culture of zero accidents by driving programs to prevent and educate employees on safety hazards and identification of potential risks.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
- Education related to Environmental, Safety, Engineering or related field desired.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 and TS 16949 strongly preferred
- 2-3 years active experience working with federal, state, local regulations requirements for regulatory reporting (ideally MA and or NH)
- Flexibly and willingness to support 24/7 operation including routinely spending time on night shifts to conduct training or address safety issues.
- 2 years preferred in a manufacturing environment performing safety / environment related tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate and lead individuals at all levels with a hands-on approach
- Strong teamwork capabilities
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and / or other software.
- Ability to travel locally (within 10 mile radius), approximately 10% of the time
- Valid drivers license