PDF – 37.2 kB
tesa® 54717 Noise Blocker Water Resistant
Optimum acoustic insulation die cut for permanent automotive hole covering applications for excellent sealing
Product descriptiontesa® 54717 Noise Blocker Water Resistant combines a mineral filled polyolefin layer with an extended PET top layer and a powerful acrylic adhesive. This product is optimized for the automotive industry to securely cover holes that require excellent acoustic insulation in combination with very good sealing properties.
- Excellent acoustic insulation due to high area density of 1.8 kg/m²
- Excellent sealing properties
- High temperature resistance up to 160°C
- Good paint and UBC (PVC) compatibility on PET side
- Very good resistance to chemicals on PET side
- Secure adhesion to steel, aluminum, plastics, painted substrates, and reinforced plastic substrates in automotive lightweight constructions, e.g. CFRP
Main applicationstesa® 54717 is suitable for different hole covering applications along the automotive production process.
Example applications are:
- After e-coat where a good compatibility to UBC (PVC) and sealant is required, e.g. car body platform, wheel houses, engine compartment
- Before paint shop where good paint compatibility is essential
- At the assembly line for hole covering on all car body areas, e.g. rocker, front/rear floor
- Especially suitable for exterior applications, e.g. roof or underbody
To ensure the highest performance possible, our aim is to fully understand your application (including the substrates involved) in order to provide the right product recommendation.
Type of adhesive
Adhesion to Steel (initial)
Temperature resistance (30 min)
Type of liner
UBC / Paint Compatibility
Resistance to chemicals
Additional Infotesa® 54717 can be supplied as die-cuts in roll or sheets individually to customer specific dimensions.
Our application process engineers support with customized equipment and self-designed application tools to enhance productivity.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.