PDF – 35.2 kB
Product descriptionOur UV surface protection tape tesa® 4438 consists of a lightly crêped and waterproof paper base fitted with a special adhesive made from acrylate. This combination provides a high durability and temperature resistance. Due to the equally high UV resistance, it can be used for up to 12 weeks outdoors and removed without residues. Tape off once, paint several times: With our surface protection tape, painters work more efficiently, save time and lay the foundation for perfect paint work. tesa® 4438 is moreover suited for sensitive and rough surfaces as well, can be torn off by hand and be comfortably used while it also allows generating sharp paint edges which makes tesa® 4438 especially suitable as a protection tape during transport or storage of high value surfaces.
- Durable backing for surface protection applications
- Excellent outdoor resistance of up to 12 weeks
- Suited for sensitive and rough surfaces
- Good adhesion on water-soluble acrylic paints
- tesa® 4438 is recommended for professional paint work and façade renovations and other outdoor applications (up to 12 weeks)
- The UV surface protection tape is used for the protection during transport or storage of high value surfaces
- tesa® 4438 can be used for short-term masking during wave soldering and other high temperature processes
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Adhesion to steel
Sharp color edge
Suitable for sensitive surfaces
Suitable for rough surfaces
Additional InfoThe application of an adhesive tape on weathered surfaces may lead to residues during the de-masking. Therefore we strongly recommend a test the application before.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.