Welcome to tesa. We create adhesive solutions that improve the work, products and lives of our customers. In our domestic market, we are known by 98% of the people. Innovations and new technologies are the core of our success. Not only in homes and offices, but also in smartphones, displays, cars, airplanes or roof-mounted photovoltaic systems: One of tesa’s 7.000 products is probably sticking somewhere around you, often unnoticed, in a wide range of daily applications. tesa holds the world together. We are present in 42 countries with around 5.000 employees, operate 14 plants, production facilities and large technology centers in Europe, Asia and North America. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Beiersdorf AG, we are part of a group with a long tradition, strong values and a good corporate culture.
- Develop new building blocks for pressure sensitive adhesives tapes and their prototypes to support product development in E-Mobility.
- Lead projects and feasibility studies independently in interdisciplinary teams
- Support the development, evaluation and implementation of new concepts in close cooperation with relevant functions (including scientist(s))
- Screen raw materials for the development of functional materials (e.g. fire-proof materials)
- Coordinate and implement defined concepts in laboratory environments, including technical evaluation of samples and prototypes
- Upscaling of prototype development into pilot or production scale
- Independent documentation and presentation of results
- Regular exchange with suppliers, tesa plants and international tesa R&D locations
- Support the initiation and/or development in co-operation with suppliers and/ or institutes.
- Secure development results by filling of own patents as well as evaluate relevant patents in general
- Master Degree/ PhD in Chemistry, Engineering, Material Science or a related technical discipline, preferably with knowledge in polymer chemistry and/ or polymer flame retardancy properties and mechanismsor completed vocational training with relevant professional experience of several years
- Preferably professional experience
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in material development, preferably in adhesives/ flame retardancy
- Flexible, dynamic and open for changes
- Displaysstrong problem-solving skills and an innovative attitude
- Independent and pragmatic working style
- Good presentation skills
- Preferably experience in project management
- Good command of English