The Product Specialist for Functional Coatings has responsibility for:
- Implementing marketing and sales strategies for products manufactured by Functional Coatings to drive sales and profit growth
- Managing the new item creation process
- Supporting the sales team:
- Maintain customer pricing system and quoting system
- Provide support for quality claims process
- Assist with Creating and publishing marketing content (brochures, sample cards, PI sheets) needed for regular sales activities and to support trade shows and LinkedIn
- Point of contact to sales team for product related information
- Drive projects through the development process which grow top line sales
The holder of this position participates in the development, coordination, and implementation of the international marketing strategies for the new and existing products manufactured by Functional Coatings. S/He supports the operational advancement of the product portfolio.
The holder of this position interfaces directly with the sales team to support their daily efforts with customers, by providing product and market related information to the team. S/He works with sales to advance the opportunity pipeline, by supporting the launch of new products which drive revenue and profit growth. S/He assists the sales effort by executing market and competition studies to support the growth of the product assortment in building envelope products (air and waterproofing). S/He maintains the customer pricing files and the request for quoting process. S/He also manages projects to optimize existing products for cost or performance. S/He participates in the costing and pricing of the product portfolio. S/He manages the New Item Creation process, including Cost of Materials estimation in conjunction with Cost Accounting, packaging design, NART and item creation, and defining customer quality requirements for assigned projects. S/He contributes to creation of product and marketing collateral to support the sales effort.
The holder of this position monitors the business development of the product application groups.
The holder of this position builds up knowledge about market trends, product design and manufacturing methods, and competition.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with Business Major or Engineering preferred
- Initial work experience (2 years) in marketing or manufacturing related to product or market management
- Analytical and process-oriented thinking and systematic approach
- Excellent communication skills and ability work effectively in cross functional teams
- Must be available for auto/air travel of approximately 10% of the time.
- Fluent in English, Spanish or German is a plus
- Excellent computer skills including entire Microsoft Suite, strong emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel, ERP systems (such as SAP, SAPB1, Oracle)