Accountable for over-proportional growth at key accounts, identify and engage decision-makers and influencers, be a leading point of contact for account management, quotes, projects, and cross-BU facilitation. KAM’s will work as a team across all key account sites, sales opportunities and decision-making units. High technical selling and long sales cycle management acumen a must.
The Key Account Manager will be assigned accounts based in Mexico.
- Meet or exceed all established sales objectives and goals for assigned key accounts, by developing, executing, and maintaining key account plans.
- Responsible for coordinating company efforts related to strategic accounts as assigned. Key metrics include but are not limited to: sales development, contracts/pricing, tesa share of account business, customer satisfaction, quality, service.
- Understand and communicate strategic account requirements and needs throughout the tesa organization, then translate into business opportunities
- Foster collaboration within Industrial Trade & Converting (ITC) team and key stakeholders, including channel partners to solve customer problems and deliver innovative solutions.
- Effectively maintain customer data in tesa’s CRM system(s) by reporting promptly, in accordance with established procedures, the results of sales calls, customer needs, competitive activity, estimates of available business, sales forecasts, recommendations and any other items significant to the area of responsibility and the Company
- Focus on building and closing the IC opportunity pipeline as laid out by the IC manager to accurately track cross border projects as a collaborative team.
- Manage converter alliance partnerships by facilitating cross-BU business growth and activities, define benchmark elements of a successful converter program, evaluating competitive concepts and focusing on tesa USP’s, monitoring agreed upon KPI’s, and support development of Key Account plans with salesperson
- Drive business development targets by identifying and developing new partners, referring converter candidates for a global key account approach, drive market developing activities, oversee cross-BU sales opportunity pipelines for converter market, and build a strong network among all regional BU heads
- Collaborate internationally as required
- Four-year college degree and/or relevant industrial sales experience
- Relevant industrial sales experience of at least 8 years combined experience in industrial sales and/or marketing required. Prior experience developing relationships with industrial converters highly preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with ability to influence complex organizational structures
- Strong analytical skills / creative problem-solving capabilities. Ability to navigate complex business negotiations and develop contracts/supply agreements.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license, passport, and physical ability to drive for lengthy periods
- Skilled and proficient in use of computers to include but not limited to Microsoft products - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint-as well as ability to use Customer Relationship Management software programs.
- Ability and willingness to adapt own work schedule to satisfy customer needs. Must be available for air/auto travel up to 70% of the time.
- Excellent Spanish language capability (verbal/written) required. Must be proficient in English language (verbal/written).