PDF – 39.4 kB
100µm transparent HAF mounting tape
Product descriptiontesa® Thermoplastic HAF 8444 is a copolyester based thermoplastic bonding film. This transparent double-sided tape has no backing. It is protected by s strong paper liner.
tesa® Thermoplastic HAF 8444 is free of halogen and compliant with current ROHS standards.
At room temperature tesa® Thermoplastic HAF 8444 is not tacky. It is activated by heat while applying slight pressure.
- Reliable and ageing resistant bonds
- Very high bonding strength on large bonding areas
- Low bonding pressure required
- Bonds remain elastic
Main applicationstesa® HAF 8444 is especially recommended for bonding of metal components to various plastic or metal surfaces, e.g. SUS or AL to PC, PMMA or ABS:
- Bonding of decorative metal components
- Bonding of logo to housing
- Fabric bonding in accessories
Type of adhesive
Type of liner
Additional InfoTechnical recommendations: tesa® Thermoplastic HAF 8444 is not self adhesive. It is activated by heat while applying slight pressure.
The following values are recommendations for bond line parameters to start with:
1. Pre-lamination: During pre-lamination, the adhesive tape is laminated onto the metal substrate. This step does not affect the shelf life time of the adhesive tape. Pre-laminated components can be stored over the same period of time as the adhesive tape.
- Temperature¹ 90 – 130 °C
- Pressure² 2 – 5 bar
- Time 2 – 5 s.
2. Bonding: Remove the liner from tape after pre-lamination step. Place the metal part onto the plastic component. Apply sufficient temperature through the metal part while applying pressure for the bonding time to reach sufficient bonding strength.
- Temperature¹ 115 – 140 °C
- Pressure² 2 – 5 bar
- Time 5 – 15 s.
To achieve optimum performance a cooling step (while applying pressure) directly after the bonding step is recommended.
¹ ‘Pre-lamination’ and ‘Bonding’ temperature refer to the data that is measured in the bond line.
² ‘Pre-lamination’ and ‘Bonding’ pressure refer to the force that is transformed from mould surface directly to the bonding area.
Bonding strength values were obtained under standard laboratory conditions (Material: AL & PC test specimen / Bonding conditions: Temperature = 140 °C; Pressure = 5 bar; Time = 7 sec).
To reach maximum bonding strength surfaces should be clean and dry. Storage conditions according to tesa® HAF shelf life concept.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.