Frameless PV modules with glass backsheets are attractive new products. However, damaged glass edges during production, transport and installation are a concern. tesa has developed a single-sided self-adhesive product that is shock absorbing, durable, weather resistant and easy to apply.
Our tesa® 65052 Edge Protection Tape gives frameless photovoltaic modules an aesthetic finish and reduces the solar module breakage rate. The overall product quality rises and installers will have more confidence in using modules without a frame.
tesa® 65052 can be easily applied around the edges with our specially designed handheld tool. Furthermore, we offer spool-wound rolls for automated processes.
- Matte black single-sided tape
- Shock-absorbing core and tough cover film
- High immediate adhesion, no tape lifting
- Resistant to ageing and weathering
- Reduced glass breakage rate
- Sealing against water penetration or delamination
- Aesthetic finish