An overview of our solutions in the interior fit-out market.
PDF – 7.4 MB
Clean, fast and optimal aesthetic design for partition walls – the innovative bonding solution.
Today’s modern construction design utilises a variety of transparent materials, giving crisp and clean finishes. This is especially true with the glass partition wall industry where manufacturers are tasked with producing aesthetically pleasing yet functional wall units. Recognising this need, we have developed an innovative product family: tesa ® ACXplus. This new category of double-sided adhesive tapes consists of a high-performance acrylic system that can outperform most conventional fastening methods like silicone or liquid glue, making it a suitable double sided tape for glass.
For each application within the partition wall industry, we offer you the right solution: If high transparency is required, we recommend our ultra-transparent tesa ® ACXplus family which creates an invisible bond on many different substrates, such as glass, polycarbonate, aluminium and more. This clear tape for glass is conceived especially for slim designs where glass-to-glass applications come into play. We also offer a black tape for sleek, sophisticated bonding. We invite you to learn more about our assortment and the variety of solutions.
Glass-to-glass bonding is frequently used in office partition walls in order to achieve an invisible appearance and prevent the panels from drifting apart.
Bonding glass panels to one another in order to achieve an invisible appearance and prevent the panels from drifting apart.
Bonding glass panels with a 45° angle in order to have an invisible and optically clear corner.
Bonding room dividers.
Application requirements for Glass-to-Glass Tape:
Glass is bonded onto an aluminium frame for fast and easy construction and an optimal appearance of the partition wall.
Application Requirements for Glass to Aluminium Frame Tapes:
Bonding a slim and nearly invisible profile between two glass panels.
Application Requirements for Glass on H-Profile Tapes:
→ tesa ® ACXplus7054 – clear tape for glass
Commonly used in flush design, glass is bonded to an aluminum frame for optimal aesthetic appearance without leaving imprinted edges on the glass.
Application requirements for Glass Flush Design Tapes:
Immediate bonding, no drying process
Clean production process
No squeezing at bonding area
Constant thickness of bonding area
No application tools needed
1. Clean glass edges with pure alcohol (Isopropanol/Ethanol), free of any additives.
2. Apply the tape to one edge of the glass. By using the tesa ® edge applicator a straight line and quick assembly will be assured.
3. Pressure is essential for good adhesion performance and to avoid air bubbles. For optimal results we recommend a uniform pressure during application e.g. by a pressure roller.
4. Remove approximately 5 cm of the Liner at the bottom and the top and turn it to the back side.
5. Slide the glasses together and adjust vertical fitting of both glass walls.
6. Join the glass panels together by using medium force of the vacuum device before removing the liner.
7. Remove Liner carefully and avoid any stretching of the tape.
8. Final adjustment of force to reach optimal bonding results of both glass edges.
Contact our local team of experts at tesa Singapore for more information on our double sided tapes for glass partition mounting. Get in touch with us via the form below.
Choose a Region: