Cloth Tapes and Gaffer Tapes For Temporary Repairs and Fixtures
Cloth tape is an adhesive tape with cloth backing for temporary repair and fastening applications. The tape can bond to rough surfaces and can be removed quickly and cleanly after use. From cloth tape for repairs, to gaffer tape for specific industries: our comprehensive range of cloth tapes has you covered.
Cloth tape for industrial, home, and office use
tesa has a broad range of cloth adhesive tapes ideal for many industrial applications, as well as at home and in the office. Cloth tapes are used predominantly for repairs, due to its ability to bond easily to rough surfaces. As such, they are also know as cloth repair tapes.
Cloth tapes can be split into different categories based on their construction.
Key features of cloth tape:
1. Cloth tape colours:
Available in Black, White, Silver, Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Beige.
2. Cloth tape size (width):
- Customizable on demand
3. The mesh count of the backing: the higher the mesh count, the higher the tensile strength.
4. The type of coating: premium cloth tapes and speciality cloth tapes are coated with acrylic paste coating – sometimes up to 3 times which provides superior resistance to the effects of weathering and UV light.
5. Adhesive type: natural rubber adhesives are used on all the types of tape. However, for speciality cloth tapes the adhesive is ‘thermoset’ i.e. it is highly cross-linked which gives it a higher temperature resistance.
Choose the cloth tape that best suits your application based on these characteristics.
Is cloth tape the same as duct tape?
No, there are some differences between cloth tape vs duct tape. These characteristics should be taken into consideration when choosing the right tape for your application.
- Cloth tapes are easily removable, while duct tapes are semi-permanent
- Cloth tapes are often tearable by hand, while duct tapes require tools to be cut
- While both tapes are waterproof, cloth tape is able to resist high heat temperatures
- Cloth tapes often have a matte finish, while duct tapes also come in reflective finishes
- Duct tapes can be stretched and are more flexible than cloth tapes
tesa Cloth Tapes
Gaffer tape is a special type of cloth tape frequently used in the music and film industries, primarily to affix cables and other wires during live shows, concerts, and film productions. Designed for temporary usage, gaffer tapes can be easily removed without harming or leaving residue on the surface, even after lengthy periods of time. Gaffer tapes are also able to resist high temperatures, making them ideal for applications on electronic equipment. The tape’s matte finish does not reflect light, so as to not interfere with production lighting. We also offer specialty gaffer tapes to be used with green screens.
Explore tesa’s comprehensive range of cloth tapes, ideal for temporary repairs and industrial applications, and gaffer tape, below.