The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is an integral part of both the technical team and the Global Key Account Management (GKAM) team.
Global BU Strategy:
The job holder is responsible for the development and implementation of BU strategies that meet customer needs and are in alignment with the global business strategy of the tesa BU. Establishment of an effective controlling system in order to track and to foster the strategy execution process.
(S)He provides technical advice in the most important, complex, or difficult meetings and negotiations with potential customers thus enabling profitable growth. (S)He leads the design and implementation aspects of strategically important sales, projects, or consulting engagements so that product or service solutions meet customer’s needs and are delivered on time and within budget. He manages corresponding interfaces to local and global sales, marketing and PD/TD functions.
The job holder establishes high-level, significant relationships with specified Global Key Account Customers, partners, key-decision makers to promote tesa products and services. (S)He supports application tests and is the link between the GKAM team and the global and local R&D and labs as needed. (S)He develops and delivers sales communication to complex technical questions regarding applications and tesa products. Examples of this can be seminars, trainings, trade shows, and customized technical days. The job holder works to influence test procedures and methods at GKA or value chain to achieve effective/meaningful answers
Product- and Technology-Development:
The job holder support the preparation of technically sound business cases for new product developments. She/he analyses GKA’s technical needs and develops proposals outlining how tesa’s products and services can meet these needs and also how those tesa solutions can be integral to GKA’s own technology strategies and equipment.
The job holder monitors competitor offerings and market trends. He researches, evaluates and recommends investments in technology, equipment and systems to improve products and AE/CSC services
The job holder provides technical trainings to all sales organizations and as well as to customers.
- Advanced University degree (Chemistry/Engineering/ Material Science/ Physics) is needed. PHD strongly preferred.
- High result orientation and capability to manage complex projects and communication needs independently
- Min. 3-years’ experience in mechanical engineering and practical experiences in co-operating with commercial / technical functions of customers or suppliers.
- Experience from working in tesa R&D and CSC laboratory is preferred
- Willingness to travel on the job domestically and internationally as needed
- Positive attitude towards pro-active communication and networking
- High level of presentation and communication skills in front of demanding audiences.
- Intercultural competence and experience
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled