YES there is 'technology' in tape!
tesa tape is a Germany based, global company with a strong commitment to sustainability. We're building a Technology Department north of Grand Rapids, MI as part of the North American Customer Solutions Center to research and develop new, environmentally friendly materials for current and future products.
What you will do:
Work in the laboratory in the field of technology development, raw materials and analytical methods with focus on adhesives, including compounding and coating technologies and the analysis of those. Responsible for the development and maintenance of technology building blocks and contribute to product development as part of feasibility studies or projects with specific focus on defined material fields or key technologies applied in North America. She/he will continuously extend skills and know-how to ensure the necessary competence level as required for organization and realization of development tasks. The job holder works closely with the international product development and technology groups in Hamburg and China.
What you will get:
- Innovative, progressive work environment
- Collaborative knowledge sharing with other tesa experts
- Freedom to act / explore
- Excellent benefits and compensation
What you will need:
- US citizen or Permanent residency required (no sponsorship possible)
- PhD or master’s degree in chemistry / engineering / material science; OR
- A bachelor’s degree in chemistry / engineering / material science and 2-4 years of closely related technical experience.
- Strong working knowledge of mathematics, including general statistics is required.
- Must be PC proficient in Windows/Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills for collaboration with all internal and external customers.
- Requires normal lifting, use of both hands, correctable vision and lack of color-blindness.
- Must be able to travel by air/auto as required, including international.
NO PRINCIPLES please
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled