If you're an accounting professional who is ready for growth, please consider applying for our Cost Accountant/Analyst role.
tesa tape, a household name in Europe and other parts of the global footprint, is experiencing another expansion in response to growing US sales in our facility in Sparta. Our company culture is participative and collaborative with flexibility that most manufacturers don't have.
This position is available due to an internal promotion. The successful candidate will be part of the Plant Sparta team, responsible for collection, analysis and reporting of data associated with product costs for production lines in the plant. The Cost Accountant/Analyst reports directly to the Controller.
What you will do:
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Supports the plant budget process. Prepare variance analysis reports and propose steps to correct deviations
- Responsible for planning, collecting and analyzing data (such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor), to determine costs of business activity
- Analyzes data collected and recording results
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Develops variance analysis tools and present findings
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Periodically audits various components of product costs and prepare audit reports. Present findings
- Ensures maintenance of the bills of material and routing files for all operating locations
- Makes estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Maintains Cost Accounting System
- Assists in “Month End” close of the General Ledger & any other accounting tasks that may arise within plant Sparta.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years of Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in product costing
- Excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Experience working successfully across departments and functions
- Demonstrated ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual report
- Experience with SAP strongly preferred
What you will get: Very competitive total compensation package, including quarterly bonus participation and benefits.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverages effective the first of the month following hire date
- Medical options: PPO with FSA or High Deductible Plan with HSA that includes an annual employer contribution
- 401k: 50% employer match up to 6% and an annual discretionary contribution of 7% for eligible employees
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled