tesa tape is a global company with very strong brand recognition in Europe and within commercial industry in the US. By 2025, our sales are expected to double. We're looking for people who want a rewarding career, not just a job.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Reasons people make their career at tesa Plant Sparta:
Above average pay: We pay new hires based on experience.
Quarterly bonus: Earn up to 12% of your quarterly earnings, starting immediately.
Benefits start within the first month: Two BCBS medical plans, dental, vision, disability, life, and several more.
PTO and Sick time available after your first 3 months: 18 days combined per year. Neither has to be used before the end of the year. Extra vacation if you’ve received the Covid vaccine.
Profit sharing 401k bonus: tesa tape Corporate contributes 7% of gross annual earnings to eligible employees' 401k in addition to the 50% match up to 6%. That means if you put in 6%, tesa puts in another 10%.
Culture of respect and Job Security: We’ve been here for 40 years and the next building expansion will be completed this Fall.
Holiday work is extremely rare. Personal time is important to us, too.
What you will do:
Provide direct support to the production and maintenance teams. Focus on Productivity KPI’s through advanced, next level daily trouble shooting, preventive maintenance, repairing equipment, continuous improvement projects, and providing support for larger capital investment projects.
- Monitors the operation of equipment and systems to ensure safe operation and minimize unplanned downtime, to solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Troubleshoots equipment and adjusts and calibrates machines, removes, replaces and/or repair broken machinery parts as needed.
- Comfortable utilizing a “hands-on” approach to complete objectives.
- Use of engineering principles and experience as needed in order to improve the safe operation, productivity and uptime of the production lines.
- Stay current in technological developments in order to propose improvements for the organization.
- Upgrade/replace existing equipment reaching end of serviceable life.
- Identify and implement cost reduction and quality improvement ideas individually and through internal and/or external sources.
- Working in cross functional teams, delivering engineering support for capital investment projects throughout the entire life cycle (feasibility through to serial production).
- Lead and or participate as a contributing member for Plant projects including but not limited to equipment/process/development, cost reduction, process improvement, and any other projects deemed necessary to improve operations.
- Partnering and directing contractors/vendors in order to complete projects.
- Contributes to Global Organization as well as individual Plant goals, KPI and OKR targets.
- Follows tesa tape policies, procedures, work instructions, and other documentation.
- Well-developed project management, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 0 to 8 years of experience working in a similar role in manufacturing
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing equipment.
- Strong MS Office working knowledge.
- Project management experience, PMP certification a plus
- Experience in controls, machine design, CAD a plus.
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- ISO/TS 9001 and /or IATF 16949 knowledge a plus.
- Strong general machining and welding capabilities a plus.
1 NO PRINCIPLES or NON-US RESIDENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED 1
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled