This role can be based in any US tesa tape, inc. location (Charlotte, Grand Rapids, Sparta, Novi)
The Finance Project Manager is responsible for leading all finance-related projects across North America. This individual will oversee project-level financial controls and provide strategic and transactional support to the project teams. The Finance Project Manager will also serve as the key subject matter expert from a finance perspective and provide guidance, direction and input on capital expenditure, costing, reporting and governance matters.
What you will do:
- Partner with business units on various initiatives, new business opportunities, acquisition(s), etc. and provide financial advice to such initiatives
- Perform a leading role in the relevant finance-related activities. Liaison for regional and corporate colleagues to address various accounting / controlling related matters, and management external advisers, auditors and consultants for various projects
- Provide support to accounting/finance-related work streams when necessary
- Drive process improvements that can be implemented across the finance community within North America’s tesa companies
- Assist and contribute to the corporate planning process with project-level forecasting and budgeting on behalf of projects under responsibility
- Proactively partner with project teams to provide governance and oversight to ensure compliance to financial policies and procedures at a project level
- Influence the financial performance of key capital expenditure proposals by providing financial and relevant recommendations to key decision makers
- Act as the key subject matter expert pertaining to project accounting and transactional requirements for relevant finance system initiatives, such as ERP implementation or system integration initiatives
- Forecast, manage, and report on planned vs actual project schedule, and resource utilization
- Establish positive relationships with clients and peers that build credibility, foster collaboration, and empower the project team
- Manage issues, risks, and changes using appropriate and agreed upon processes and tools established within the governance model
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related technical business field. Advanced degree preferred, preferably MBA in finance and or marketing.
- Minimum of 5 years of financial or business analysis experience required, ideally from within a global, process-driven manufacturing company.
- Costing of manufactured goods experience is required
- Experience working with M&A and integration of systems and harmonization of processes, preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, logistics, and communication skills.
- Excellent with MS Office software is essential, including significant experience using Excel pivot tables and MS Access
- SAP knowledge required. Experience with S4 HANA preferred.
- Willingness & ability to travel up to 10%
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled