PDF – 43.2 kB
Product descriptiontesa® ACXplus 7078 is a deep black double-sided acrylic foam tape. It consists of a high performance acrylic system and is identified by its bonding power, stress dissipation and its temperature and weather resistance.
Due to the product’s unique formulation, this double-sided pure acrylic foam tape combines a very good temperature and shear resistance with an outstanding cold shock resistance up to -40°. This product also shows robustness when it comes to outdoor performance. The viscoelastic core of this product is able to compensate for thermal elongations of bonded parts.
tesa® ACXplus 7078 is especially designed for permanent demanding outdoor bonding applications and is therefore suitable for exposure to extreme temperatures, UV, chemicals, salt water, as well as cleaning agents.
Main applicationsThe tesa® ACXplus product family is suitable for a wide range of constructive bonding applications. To ensure the highest performance possible, our aim is to fully understand the application (including the substrates involved) in order to provide the right product recommendation. Example mounting applications in different industries (e.g. solar, elevator, transportation) include but are not limited to:
- Stiffener bars
- Wall cladding
- Decorative elements
- Door panels
- Flush Design
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Adhesion to Steel (initial)
Adhesion to Aluminium (after 3 days)
Adhesion to Steel (after 3 days)
Adhesion to Glass (after 3 days)
Adhesion to Glass (initial)
Adhesion to Aluminium (initial)
Static shear resistance at 23°C
Resistance to chemicals
Static shear resistance at 70°C
Ageing resistance (UV)
Temperature resistance long term
Temperature resistance short term
Additional InfoPlease note that we recommend using tesa® Adhesion Promoter as a surface pre-treatment. It leads to a significant improvement in adhesion levels, avoids moisture infiltration, and promotes long-term resistance against harsh environmental factors. Which tesa® Adhesion Promoter should be used depends on the substrates and the application. We will be glad to advise you in order to find the right solution.
- PV22: White paper liner - branded
- PV24: Blue film liner - unbranded
- Further liner versions might be available upon request.
- tesa® ACXplus 7078 is recognized according to UL Standard 746C. UL File QOQW2.E309290
- tesa® ACXplus 7078 is recognized according to UL Standard 879. UL File UYMR2.E479260
- ift Rosenheim: DI 02/1-2 2009-03 compatibility of tesa® ACXplus and PVB foil (laminated safety glass)
- ift Rosenheim: Conformity to ift-Guideline VE-08/1
- MFPA: Classified according to DIN EN 13501-1:2010
- CSTB: Static shear and static tensile load creep measurement according to ETAG002
- Falcao Bauer: Full part wind load test regarding ABNT NBR 10821-3/11
- DICTUC: AAMA 501.6-09 Earthquake test
- James Cook University: AS 4040.2/3, AS 4040.3 Cyclone Testing
- SNAS: Tested in accordance with STN EN ISO 6892-1
- Qualified for a credit according to LEED
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.