The Application Solution Engineer is responsible for all technical aspects of providing support for product and process applications at our customers, to assure the achievement of sales and margin plans in North America. The ASE is responsible for the build-up of the Customer Solution Center (CSC) and the development and implementation of technical support strategies that meet customer needs and thereby support sales growth. This position provides product and application expertise along the complete value chain, coordinates and conducts new product evaluation, and application testing, and provides training to personnel as required. The ASE serves as liaison with the CSC at HQ, Sparta and Suzhou. The ASE provides technical advice in the most important, complex or difficult meetings and negotiations with customers to protect the organizations business interests and will provide technical training to all sales and customers.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of AE(Application Engineer)/CSC strategies that meet customer needs and are in alignment with the global business strategy of the tesa BU.
- Establishment of an effective controlling system in order to track and to foster the strategy execution process.
- Provides application testing and application solution engineering at the customer globally with the main focus North America.
- Provides technical advice in the most important, complex, or difficult meetings and negotiations with customers thus enabling profitable growth.
- Leads the design and implementation aspects of strategically important sales, projects, or consulting engagements so that product or service solutions meet customer’s needs and are delivered on time and within budget.
- Manages corresponding interfaces to local and global sales, marketing and PD (Product Development)/TD (Technology Development) functions.
- Assists in testing to relevant customer specifications, or manages planning and execution phases; Ultimately responsible for ensuring test -phase deliverables are in line with internal and external expectations and argumentation bolsters the product application use case.
- Establishes high-level, significant relation ships with customers, partners, key-decision makers and other industry leaders e.g. associations, to promote tesa products and services.
- Conducts market surveys for defined application fields to recommend and influence product- or technology-development projects for the global R&D network, resulting in keeping and advancing the competitive edge of tesa products and services.
- Monitors competitor offerings and market trends, researches, evaluates and recommends investments in technology, equipment and systems to improve products and AE/CSC services.
- Provides technical trainings to all sales organizations and as well as to customers.
What you will do:
- Education: Master’s, Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in engineering/science or equivalent technical experience required. Advanced business technical degree preferred.
- Market-relevant experience in similar or related field.
- Must be PC proficient in CAD, Windows/Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with all internal and external customers.
- Must be able to travel by air/auto as required, including international.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled