PDF – 36.2 kB
Product descriptiontesa® 54338 combines a thin but strong PET layer with a powerful acrylic adhesive. This product is optimized for the automotive industry to securely cover holes that require excellent sealing properties in combination with very high temperature resistance. To ensure secure and precise hole covering application, this product can be delivered with target printing on top of the transparent die cut.
- High transparency for secure application
- Easy quality control
- Superb conformability to complex geometries
- High temperature resistance up to 160°C/320°F
- Reliable corrosion protection
- Good paint anchorage and UBC (PVC) compatibility
- Paint shop approved liner
- Very good resistance to chemicals
- Secure adhesion to steel, aluminum, plastics, painted substrates, and reinforced plastic substrates in automotive lightweight constructions, e.g. CFRP
Main applicationstesa® 54338 is especially suitable for different interior hole covering applications along the automotive production process.
Example applications are:
- After e-coat where a good compatibility to UBC (PVC) and sealant is required, e.g. car body platform, wheel houses, engine compartment
- Before paint shop where good paint compatibility is essential
- At the assembly line for hole covering on all car body areas, e.g. pillars, rocker, front/rear floor
To ensure the highest performance possible, our aim is to fully understand your application (including the substrates involved) in order to provide the right product recommendation.
Type of adhesive
Adhesion to Steel (initial)
Temperature resistance (30 min)
Type of liner
UBC / Paint Compatibility
Resistance to chemicals
Additional Infotesa® 54338 is available upon request in customer specific dimensions and can be delivered according to customer requirements and applications in either roll or sheet form.
tesa’s automation and application solution department provides customized equipment and self-designed application tools to enhance productivity.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.