PDF – 41.1 kB
tesa® 52215 Ultra Low VOC
150 µm/5.9 mils double-sided, water-based, acrylic non-woven tape for very demanding lamination applications in automotive interior
Product descriptiontesa® 52215 is a conformable, water-based acrylic non-woven tape with a thickness of 150 µm/5.9 mils. This tape has especially been developed for all kinds of demanding lamination and converting applications. Due to its low VOC property it is particularly designed to meet automotive interior requirements.
tesa® 52215 is suitable for laminating all kinds of foam, fleece, and felt substrates.
This product is also available in 100 µm/3.9 mils (tesa® 52210)
- Available in efficient lengths and widths
- Low VOC (according to GB 27630) – no critical substances detectable
- Highly conformable to follow difficult 3-D shapes
- Very low total VOC values
- High initial tack and peel adhesion
- Excellent bonding strength to a wide variety of interior substrates
- Secure mounting even to nonpolar plastics (PP) and composites (recycled materials)
- Excellent die-cutting properties due to non-woven backing
Main applicationstesa® 52215 is suitable for various types of lamination applications.
Example applications are:
- Lamination of insulation materials
- Laminates for NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) and BSR (buzz, squeak, and rattle) prevention
- Bonding of decorative fabrics
- Lamination of foam for HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) seals
- Mounting of flooring systems
To ensure the highest performance possible, our aim is to fully understand your application (including the substrates involved) in order to provide the right product recommendation.
Thickness of tape
Type of adhesive
Temperature resistance up to
Type of liner
Color of liner
Temperature resistance from
Adhesion to Steel (initial)
Adhesion to ABS (initial)
Adhesion to PC (initial)
Adhesion to Steel (after 3 days)
Adhesion to PET (initial)
Adhesion to PP (initial)
Suitable for die cutting
Suitable for rough surfaces
Additional InfoAccording to VDA278 analysis, our 52215-tapes do not contain any single substances restricted by the drafted GB regulations (China) as well as the indoor concentration guideline by Health, Labour and Welfare Ministry (Japan).
Ultra low total VOC concentration according to VDA 278 analysis
Adhesion values to:
are not part of the product specification
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.