® 64908 is a double-sided adhesive tape consisting of a conformable black PE foam backing and a LSE adhesive. With a thickness of 0.8 mm, it is suitable for mounting of small parts, like emblems and entry trims.
The LSE adhesive features a high initial adhesion to LSE clear coats and LSE plastics such as PP and PP/EPDM, and MSE plastics like ABS and PC without utilizing primer. It reaches a high level of peel adhesion level right after application. Additionally, it even provides near to peak performance at an application temperature as low as 5°C. The impressive cold shock performance is due to the damping properties of the PE foam backing even at temperatures below -40°C.
Due to its high conformability, the tape ensures a good wet out and secure bonding including on uneven surfaces and compensates for design tolerances. The PE foam backing also provides non-sticky edges resulting in excellent converting properties, e.g. for die cutting. Additionally, the tape combines high cohesive strength with a comparatively low density contributing positively to a light weight design.
- High initial adhesion to LSE and MSE surfaces without primer
- Near to peak peel adhesion level right after application
- Good performance at an application temperature as low as 5°C
- Conformable foam backing to compensate design tolerances or uneven surfaces
- Reliable performance at higher temperatures
- Excellent converting properties
LSE: low surface energy
MSE: medium surface energy