® Sleeve 68000 PV17 is an aluminum laminated glass cloth with an acrylic adhesive and a thin PET ﬂeece layer, designed for automotive engine compartments. Its acrylic adhesive is compatible with new halogen-free cable jacketing materials (PE/PP) and provides excellent radiant heat shielding as well as enhanced durability at high temperature.
® Sleeve product construction ensures minimum adhesive contact with the wires to provide maximum harness ﬂexibility. Customized length-speciﬁc kiss cutting is available on request. tesa
® Sleeve 68000 PV17 is speciﬁcally designed for eﬃcient lengthwise manual application.
- Superior radiant heat reflection
- High temperature resistance
- High flexibility
- Resistant to environmental influences
- Self extinguishing
- Flexible and smooth
- 200°C / 240h (according to SAE J2192)
- 232°C / 168h (according to ISO 188 Method B)
Thermal Effectiveness (according to SAE J2302)
- -55°C at 350°C heat source temperature
- -83°C at 450°C heat source temperature
- -110°C at 550°C heat source temperature
® Sleeve 68000 PV17 has been developed for:
- Applications within the wire harness segment.
- Bundling and wire protection in areas with increased demands for radiant heat protection.
- Shielding against radiant heat sources in the automotive engine compartment.