PDF – 40.4 kB
Product descriptiontesa® Sleeve 68000 PV17 is an aluminum laminated glass cloth with an acrylic adhesive and a thin PET ﬂeece layer, designed for automotive engine compartments. Its acrylic adhesive is compatible with new halogen-free cable jacketing materials (PE/PP) and provides excellent radiant heat shielding as well as enhanced durability at high temperature.
The tesa® Sleeve product construction ensures minimum adhesive contact with the wires to provide maximum harness ﬂexibility. Customized length-speciﬁc kiss cutting is available on request. tesa® Sleeve 68000 PV17 is speciﬁcally designed for eﬃcient lengthwise manual application.
- Superior radiant heat reflection
- High temperature resistance
- High flexibility
- Resistant to environmental influences
- Self extinguishing
- Flexible and smooth
- 200°C / 240h (according to SAE J2192)
- 232°C / 168h (according to ISO 188 Method B)
Thermal Effectiveness (according to SAE J2302)
- -55°C at 350°C heat source temperature
- -83°C at 450°C heat source temperature
- -110°C at 550°C heat source temperature
tesa® Sleeve 68000 PV17 has been developed for:
- Applications within the wire harness segment.
- Bundling and wire protection in areas with increased demands for radiant heat protection.
- Shielding against radiant heat sources in the automotive engine compartment.
Main applicationstesa Sleeve® 68000 PV17 has been developed for bundling and wire protection in areas with increased demands for radiant heat protection. The major application is field wire harness segment shielding against radiant heat sources in the automotive engine compartment.
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
aluminium laminated glasscloth
Adhesion to steel
Flame resistance as composite
Class A (acc. to LV312)
Noise damping (decibel)
Class C (acc. to LV312)
Additional Info1 Adhesion to steel: Backing breaks at forces greater than 6 N/cm 54.8 oz/in
Standard widths: 50, 68, 80, 100, 130, 160 mm
Standard length: 50 m
- Most combinations of width and length are possible
- Also available as kiss-cut on request
Harness diameter / tesa Sleeve® width recommendation
Ø 8 mm - 10 mm / 50 mm*
Ø 10 mm - 15 mm / 68 mm
Ø 16 mm - 19 mm / 80 mm
Ø 20 mm - 25 mm / 100 mm
Ø 26 mm - 35 mm / 130 mm
Ø 36 mm - 43 mm / 160 mm
1 Smaller harness diameters need to be tested individually
- Standard core diameter: 76 mm
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.