PDF – 35 kB
Product descriptiontesa® 4688 is the industry standard polyethylene coated cloth tape. It is based on a 55-mesh woven fabric backing, coated with a pressure sensitive natural rubber adhesive. The cloth tape features excellent adhesion even on rough surfaces as well as a high tack and high initial bonding strength. tesa® 4688 is a general repair tape, convenient for a variety of needs with excellent handling properties. The cloth repair tape is waterproof, resistant to temperatures of up to 110°C, abrasion-resistant and easy to unwind. Manual application is easy thanks to its hand-tearability. tesa® 4688 is certified to be used in nuclear power stations. It is available in various colours.
- tesa® 4688 is used for a wide range of applications such as marking, masking, packaging, protecting, labelling, colour coding, fastening and closing
- The universal cloth tape is used for protection during sandblasting
- The cloth tape is used for bonding plastic films on construction sites as well as during plastering
- The tape can be used for sealing cartons, tins, etc.
- tesa® 4688 is used for fastening wires and for bundling cables
- tesa® 4688 is used for splicing films and for marking parts during maintenance in nuclear power plants
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Temperature resistance (30 min)
PE extruded cloth
Adhesion to steel
55 count per square inch
Dielectric breakdown voltage
Certified according to
TLV 9027/01/06 for use in nuclear power plant
Straight tear edges
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.