When comparing cloth tape with duct tape, there are certain difference to be found between the two types of adhesives:
- Cloth tapes are easily removable, while duct tapes are semi-permanent
- Cloth tapes are often tearable by hand, while duct tapes require tools to be cut
- While both tapes are waterproof, cloth tape is able to resist high heat temperatures
- Cloth tapes often have a matte finish, while duct tapes also come in reflective infinishes
- Duct tapes can be stretched and are more flexible than cloth tapes
Choose the tape that best suits your repair application bsaed on these characteristics.
tesa Australia also offers a range of cloth tapes with specific applications, such as sandblasting tapes and 100 mile an hour tapes.
Sandblasting tapes are designed to provide a strong hold during sandblasting operations, while bring removable without leaving any adhesive transfer or residue. Sandblasting tapes are conformable and flexible, and provide resistance to chemicals such as water, oils, and acids.