PDF – 36.7 kB
Product descriptiontesa® PunctureGuard 54335 combines a strong PET layer with a thick acrylic adhesive sealer. This product is optimized for the automotive industry to cover exterior holes ensuring excellent paint anchorage, perfect sealing and best stone chipping protection even under harsh outdoor conditions after closure. In combination with our tesa® EfficienSeal automated dispensing tool we ensure a highly efficient and automated patch application.
- Reliable corrosion protection as e.g. punch burrs will be securely covered and sealed
- Excellent stone chipping protection even at lowest temperature
- High temperature resistance up to 160°C
- Excellent puncture resistance
- Very good paint anchorage and UBC (PVC) compatibility
- Good acoustic insulation properties for higher drive comfort
- Very good resistance to chemicals
- Secure adhesion to steel, aluminum, plastics, painted substrates, and reinforced plastic substrates in automotive lightweight constructions, e.g. CFRP
Main applicationstesa® PunctureGuard 54335 is suitable for different hole covering applications along the automotive production process.
Example applications are:
- After e-coat where a good compatibility to UBC (PVC) and sealant is required, e.g. car body platform, wheel houses, engine compartment
- Before paint shop where good paint compatibility is essential
- At the assembly line for exterior hole covering on all car body areas, e.g. pillars, rocker, front/rear floor
- Especially suitable for highly visible areas when painted
Type of adhesive
Adhesion to Steel (initial)
Temperature resistance (30 min)
Type of liner
UBC / Paint Compatibility
Additional InfoAlso available as:
- tesa® PunctureGuard 54335 PV1 in 690 µm
- tesa® PunctureGuard 54335 PV2 in 1690 µm
We support your individual application process with tesa designed dispensing solutions to ensure a quick and reliable sealing of holes in the car body.
By fitting your robot with the best end arm tooling we enable a smart automation concept in your production side. Aks for our tesa® EfficienSeal dispensing tool to ensure a highly efficient and automated patch application.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.