PDF – 36.2 kB
tesa® 54657 Low VOC
Precision die cuts for permanent hole covering applications
Product descriptiontesa® 54657 die cuts are made of a high quality acrylic paste cloth based on a 145 mesh woven cotton fabric and coated with a thermosetting natural rubber adhesive. Die cuts are supplied on a 70 µm yellow glassine liner.
- Temperature-resistant up to 180 °C
- Very ageing-resistant
- Excellent conformability to three dimensional surfaces
- Very good UBS (PVC) and paint compatibility
- Good mechanical properties with respect to abrasion and puncture resistance
Main applicationstesa® 54657 die cuts are suitable for permanent and temporary exterior and interior hole covering applications. This high performance cloth tape fits to all PVC or paint oven drying processes up to 180 °C.
- After electrophoretic paint where good compatibility and anchoring to UBS (PVC) and sealant is required, e. g. car body platform, wheel house, engine compartment
- Before paint shop where good paint compatibility is essential, e. g. A/B- pillar, sills, trunk
- At assembly line for exterior and interior hole covering on all car body areas
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
thermosetting natural rubber
Temperature resistance (30 min)
Type of liner
UBC / Paint Compatibility
Resistance to chemicals
Additional Infotesa® die cuts offer:
- Workability: fast and easy handling
- Variety: manual or automatic application, accurately fitting and dimension-stable
- Time saving: shorter working cycles and rationalisation of complete production processes
- Cost reduction: Less cutoff and waste during production
We would like to recommend our stock assortment which includes the following dimensions:
circles: Ø 15 / 19 / 30 / 40 / 50 mm
square: 30 x 30 mm
tesa® 54657 is available upon request in customer specific dimensions and can be delivered according to customer requirements and applications in either roll or sheet form.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.