PDF – 40.9 kB
tesa® 50118 PV2 Low VOC
540 µm modified acrylic adhesive with PET fleece backing for mounting application in automotive interiors
Product descriptiontesa® 50118 PV2 is a 540 µm PET fleece tape with a modified acrylic adhesive. This tape has been designed for a wide range of automotive interior applications like immediate secure mounting of cables and BSR prevention (buzz, squeak, and rattle prevention). Due to its low VOC property it is particularly designed to meet automotive interior requirements.
This tape is characterized by a high adhesion strength on critical surfaces like nonpolar and rough substrates.
tesa® 50118 PV2 is available in black and white and as a die-cut solution and is suitable for automatic dispensers.
- Excellent damping properties
- Low VOC (according to GB 27630) – no critical substances detectable
- Very high peel resistance on irregular, rough and nonpolar surfaces
- Very high shear strength
- Tear resistant
- Suitable for automatic tape dispensers
Main applicationstesa® 50118 PV2 is suitable for mounting thick cables and wire harnesses on different components inside a car. It ensures quick and secure fixation of flat and round cables with excellent damping properties (BSR prevention).
Example applications are:
- Mounting thick and heavy cables to headliners
- BSR prevention in inner doors, dashboards, display frames, seat belt buckles, and other things
To ensure the highest performance possible, our aim is to fully understand your application (including the substrates involved) in order to provide the right product recommendation.
Thickness of tape
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Type of liner
Colour of liner
Weight of liner
Thickness of liner
Static shear resistance
Noise damping (LV312)
Static peel resistance
Temperature resistance short term
Suitable for rough surfaces
- Kiss-cut solutions and die-cuts are available on demand under the product number 54118 PV2.
- According to VDA278 analysis, our CM-tapes do not contain any single substances restricted by the drafted GB regulations (China) as well as the indoor concentration guideline by Health, Labour and Welfare Ministry (Japan).
tesa’s automation and application department provides customized equipment and self-designed application tools to enhance productivity.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.