Our filament tapes are used due to their robust characteristics in many different applications. They are suitable for strapping of pallets during shipping, ensuring shelves and trays are held in place during movement of fridges or display cabinets and bundling steel coils during storage.
A filament adhesive tape consists for the most part of a strong carrier, like PET (polyethylene / polyester) fitted with a strong pressure-sensitive adhesive which can be a synthetic rubber adhesive or acrylic adhesive. Fiberglass filaments or polyester filaments are laminated to the film and by this incorporated into the material to support tear-resistance, Fiberglass filaments are one of the most important construction materials in use.
The high-performance strapping tape is weatherproof, non-aging and resistant against many chemicals. It is best used with a hand dispenser and can be removed after application without any residue remaining. tesa Filament and strapping tapes are suitable for many applications including:
- Transport securing; securing pallets
- Securing loose parts during delivery or storage of electric devices (washing machines, fridge, freezers, dishwashers)
- Protection of edges
- Reinforcing plastic elements
- Packaging heavy and bulky cardboard boxes
- Sealing hazardous materials
- Bundling heavy objects
- Bundling and palletising
- Heavy duty carton sealing
- Pipeline and cable wrapping
- and many more