PDF – 36.8 kB
Product descriptiontesa® 51920 is a white double-sided tape consisting of a PP-film backing and an acrylic adhesive.
The tape is designed for customer operating under cold temperature or in unheated production environments. Normally, pressure-sensitive adhesive tapes are facing problems in cold environments due to an insufficient level of tack, which ultimately leads to a significantly lower bonding performance. Where other tape technologies fail, our tesa® 51920 shows an impressive performance at very low temperatures. These superior cold processible characteristics are a result of this product’s unique adhesive formulation.
tesa® 51920 features especially:
- Excellent bonding opportunities down to -10°C
- Secure bond even on high surface energy substrates (e.g. steel) and medium surface energy substrates (e.g. ABS)
- Outdoor suitability
- Unique blue liner in combination with this film tape to indicate its cold performance properties
- Bonding of plastic trims and profiles
- Mounting of edge profiles on plastered surfaces
- Mounting of profiles and signs in industrial, walk-in or commercial refrigerators
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Adhesion to Steel (initial)
Adhesion to ABS (initial)
Adhesion to ABS (after 14 days)
Adhesion to Steel (after 14 days)
Static shear resistance at 23°C
Resistance to chemicals
Ageing resistance (UV)
Temperature resistance long term
Static shear resistance at 40°C
Temperature resistance short term
Additional InfoLiner variants:
PV1 = white PE-coated paper liner (122µm thickness)
PV15 = blue HDPE film liner (100µm thickness)
Certificates & documents:
- Certificate of conformity for bonding of labels of shelves in icehouses (corresponding with LFGB, directives 2011/10/EC, 1935/2004/EC, 19/2004/EC and German Consumer Goods Act
- LEED assessment (VOC content acc. to ASTM D 2369-10
- Byggvarubedömningen's conformity (Sweden)
Temperatures below 0°C can lead to frosted/iced surfaces. Bonding to such surfaces will not enable our product to be used in a safe and permanent way. Therefore, it's of high importance to reduce any surface contamination including ice and frost before bonding.
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.