PDF – 35.3 kB
Product descriptiontesa® 4688 is a standard grade polyethylene coated cloth tape. It is based on a 55 mesh woven PET/rayon fabric backing coated with a pressure sensitive natural rubber adhesive.
tesa® 4688 is a typical repairing tape, convenient for a variety of needs with very good handling characteristics.
- strong adhesion, even on rough surfaces
- easy to unwind
- tesa® 4688 is certified by AREVA according to requirements of the Siemens AG standard TLV 9027/01/06 for nuclear power station: total halogen content 1 available in 8 colours: black, white, grey, yellow, blue, red, green, brown
- Marking, masking, packaging, protecting, fastening, closing
- Bonding of construction films
- Closing of cartons, tins, etc.
- Fixing of wires
- Bundling of cables
- Splicing of films, marking of parts during maintenance in nuclear power plants
Elongation at break
Type of adhesive
Temperature resistance (30 min)
PE extruded cloth
Adhesion to steel
55 count per square inch
Dielectric breakdown voltage
Certified according to
TLV 9027/01/06 for use in nuclear power plant
Straight tear edges
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.