The Technical Manager is responsible for all technology and engineering related activities. This includes:
- Investment projects in Infrastructure, Machinery and Equipment
- Maintenance and operational availability of Infrastructure, Machinery and Equipment
- Facility Management on Buildings, Property, Utilities incl. Power supply
- Process Engineering to ensure the usability of manufacturing processes for product and quality
- Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH)
The job holder formulates and implements the technical roadmap and its conceptual design and operational execution, incl. budget, time and resources in support of the execution of tesa overall strategy.
The key purpose of the job is to lead the plant’s technical function taking charge of process management and the upkeep of production and facility assets to facilitate sustainable high plant performance in terms of safety, cost and technology. Implementation of capital investments for capacity and technology enhancements is also a significant part of the job.
The incumbent leads, manages and motivates the team personnel in his/her sphere of functional responsibility as well as their personal development including but not limited to target setting, coaching, personnel interview and appraisal, succession- and deputy planning, and personnel development in co-operation with his/her manager and Human Resources. He/she is involved in all issues concerning personnel policy and decisions in his/her area of responsibility. He/she ensures the transfer of the tesa/BDF management approach as well as functional know-how to the local team.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations and policies in EHS/ permitting and relevant approvals / EIA / Construction approval requirements
- Ensure effective internal controls and necessary documentation/ records
Facility management and Maintenance
- Play a key role in the installation and commissioning of the plant and equipment.
- Ensure safe, effective operation of the plant and equipment in lines with local and company’s technical and safety regulations.
- Organize and manage in-house and outsourced maintenance and repair.
- Take care of the overall maintenance of all plant buildings including road and drainage systems
- Create a Proactive Maintenance culture;
- Ensure equipment inventory, contingency and disaster recovery plan
- Plan, direct, and coordinate processes in the plant.
- Responsible for manufacturing manual.
- Workflow, equipment layout and workspace design for maximum efficiency.
- Work with planning and R&D teams on product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Work with management, engineering, and other relevant stakeholders regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Take lead in problem solving for quality issues related to production process.
- Lead CIPs
- Prepare investment appraisal
- Ensure the development, tendering, commissioning, assembly, activation, and integration of machinery and equipment into production processes, while maintaining the technical and control concepts, costs and deadlines agreed upon by the project team and taking into account additional organizational production requirements.
- Ensure the application of technical projects standards through training and support in day-to-day operations for project management, in coordination with tSN - EPT
- Continuously refine performance parameters for machinery, equipment and technologies during new projects, researching outside innovations and developing industrial-scale solutions with internal and external experts.
Environment Health Safety Management
- Develop and lead a safety-first culture while ensuring safe work practices and compliance to all local regulatory guidelines
- Ensure the business strategy of the environmental (EN ISO14001), health and safety programs is implemented and maintained.
- Assist in responding to significant incidents and government requests/notices
- Interface with environmental, health and safety regulatory agencies as needed
- Drive continuous improvement in EHS performance and programs
- Initiate energy strategies which necessarily include the objective of increasing the use of renewable energies.
- Set up monitoring systems/ tools for energy use and control
- Develop and ensure effective implementation of measures, initiatives for energy optimization
- Plan and conduct internal/ external energy audit
- Ensure proper production processes for the purpose of energy efficiency.
- Identify and evaluate the risks related to process, production equipment and EHS
- Execute adequate and proper mitigating actions including ensuring adequate provisions / controls / governance
Ad hoc Projects: Support and work with on Special projects/initiatives as and when required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering
- At least 10 years relevant experience including more than 3 years in managerial / direct leadership responsibilities
- Probably gained experience in a global company
- Strong in Microsoft Office Application
- Basic skills in CAD
- Fluent English
Personal characteristics & behaviour
- Professional work attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong mindset, leadership and management skills
- Strong process and conceptual skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Resourcefulness and ability to work in matrix structure
- Ability to work with tight timelines and challenges
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Attractive salary and bonus (13th month fixed bonus and variable bonus)
- Annual health check-up and premium healthcare
- Annual leave entitlement: 20 days per year, one more day each additional year until maximum 28 days per year
- Great working environment which promotes people values and sustainability.
- Opportunities for self-development and career advancement
Please submit your CV to employment.tSH@tesa.com. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.