The Sales Manager for Flexo Print & Paper (FP&P) has managerial responsibilities for leading and managing the Sales Specialist team in USA & Canada. This position reports to the Head of Sales FP&P. He/she is responsible for the specification & sale of assigned products within the US, Canada & Mexico. The position is also responsible for profitability, for building distributor and key end-user customer relationships, for developing growth incentive programs, for hiring, training and developing assigned personnel, and for expense control.
- Manage Sales Specialist team
- Achieve planned US/CDN sales and profitability objectives
- Hire, train, and develop Specialists (as assigned) assuring that performance is continually upgraded and ensure remedial action as necessary.
- Set proper sales objectives and performance standards for sales team and distributors -- by territory and account, focus attention on key opportunities for increased sales and market position, continuously measure performance against these objectives, and employ feedback of this measurement to upgrade selling performance.
- Ensure optimal information flow between field sales and appropriate internal channels (marketing, finance, manufacturing, etc) on market-relevant topics (competition, customers, products, applications, etc).
- Implement sales programs, incentives and policies in coordination with appropriate internal channels (controlling, finance, marketing, etc)
- Manage compensation, in accordance with company policy, for personnel assigned to the Sales Manager.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with key national distributors, suppliers in accordance with the long term objectives of the FP&P sales and marketing plan.
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience in an industrial setting. Proven management/supervisory skills.
- Experience in value based selling for both distribution and direct sales at end users.
- Strong characteristics of relationship building skills, leadership qualities, communication and organizational qualities
- Must have current, valid driver’s license.
- Physical ability to drive for lengthy periods. Must also be regularly available for air travel. Overnight travel may exceed 60%.
- Overnight Travel is required (approximately 15+ nights per month)
- Skilled and proficient in use of computers to include but not limited to Microsoft products -Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint - as well as ability to use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software programs.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled