As an expert (m/f/x) of the technology development team and collaborator in the PSA Core Technology laboratory, you will be responsible for the development of solvent-free adhesive mass systems (hotmelt) on laboratory and pilot scale based on extrusion technology. Our hotmelt adhesive tape development depends on your expertise when it comes to suitable formulation and process concepts including compounding and coating (die and calender). You will work closely with colleagues from the product development areas, as well as with all technical areas by overseeing upscaling from lab to pilot to production scale.
- Development of hot melt adhesive formulations and their production concepts
- Implementation in laboratory and pilot scale as well as support in production scale within the scope of product and technology development projects with corresponding documentation
- Planning, execution and supervision of pilot plant trials
- Support in product range maintenance and qualification of alternative raw materials
- Continuous personal development in the technology area and structured know-how building as well as its internal dissemination at tesa
- Active development of an internal as well as external network (e.g. with suppliers, cooperation partners, etc.)
- Intellectual Property (IP): Creation of own IP and support in FTO (freedom to operate) assessments for new developments
- Completed studies in engineering (preferably plastics technology, process engineering, chemical engineering or similar),
- Ideally, initial professional experience in the field of polymer processing or extrusion.
- Proven technical competence and analytical skills, supported by a creative mind and drive to act independently
- Enjoyment of practical work in the laboratory as well as in the technical center
- Strong teamwork and communication skills in working with product development areas, the technology center and the plants
- Mastery of MS Office applications in the context of project management and documentation
- Fluent in English, basic knowledge of German desirable
At tesa, we create sustainable adhesive solutions that improve the work, products and lives of our customers.
How we do it? At tesa, we dare to create! Therefore, we team up, we challenge ourselves and we set the pace. But we don’t just do that somehow. We act responsibly and always focus on our customers. Because only then we are able to achieve our goals and continuously improve our results.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and regard diversity as important for our long-term success. We expressly reject all forms of direct and indirect discrimination. All qualified applicants will be equally considered for employment regardless of their national origin, background, personal preferences and believes.
By applying you consent for the use of your resume for future opportunities within tesa.
If you want to find out more about tesa please visit us on our corporate web-page www.tesa.com and social media.
- Attractive remuneration
- Flexible working
- Further education and development perspectives
- Interdisciplinary and cross-departmental career opportunities
- Occupational pension provision
- Numerous offers for employees, such as health promotion, sports and leisure activities, employee discounts, and much more (including tesa Bike, the company's own fitness studio, prevention options)