Please note that a corresponding employment contract will not be concluded with tesa SE directly, but with POLYMAT (https://www.polymat.eu/). This role is based in Spain and includes only a short assignment at tesa in Norderstedt, Germany, as part of a cooperation with the University of San Sébastian (POLYMAT).
- You will be doing your scholarship as part of a cooperation between the Polymat Institute and tesa SE at the University of the Basque Country in San Sébastian, Spain.
- Your thesis targets "performance improvement of acrylic pressure sensitive adhesives from emulsion polymerization" and is scheduled to run for four years.
- You will work at the interface of project work and independent scientific research with a strong focus on current issues in the development of sustainable solvent-free adhesive tape solutions.
- Your work focuses on the development of scientific concepts and their verification. To this end, you will carry out polymerizations on a laboratory scale and conduct adhesive and application testing on prototypes.
- You will work as part of an interdisciplinary team in a modern environment consisting of scientific consultants at the Polymat Institute and technology developers at tesa SE.
- Excellent master's degree in the field of chemistry or process engineering with a focus on organic synthesis or polymer chemistry
- Strong interest in industrial research in the field of emulsion polymerization
- Confident handling of preparative laboratory work as well as initial experience with polymerization techniques on a laboratory scale
- Intrinsic motivation, initiative, and analytical approach to work
- Very good organizational, cooperation and communication skills as well as the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Confident presentation of laboratory results at internal and external events
- Very good English skills, both written and spoken, German is a plus
At tesa, we create sustainable adhesive solutions that improve the work, products and lives of our customers.
How we do it? At tesa, we dare to create! Therefore, we team up, we challenge ourselves and we set the pace. But we don’t just do that somehow. We act responsibly and always focus on our customers. Because only then we are able to achieve our goals and continuously improve our results.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and regard diversity as important for our long-term success. We expressly reject all forms of direct and indirect discrimination. All qualified applicants will be equally considered for employment regardless of their national origin, background, personal preferences and believes.
By applying you consent for the use of your resume for future opportunities within tesa.
If you want to find out more about tesa please visit us on our corporate web-page www.tesa.com and social media.
- Attractive remuneration
- Flexible working
- Further education and development perspectives
- Interdisciplinary and cross-departmental career opportunities
- Occupational pension provision
- Numerous offers for employees, such as health promotion, sports and leisure activities, employee discounts, and much more (including tesa Bike, the company's own fitness studio, prevention options)