The Head of IT Business Applications (m/f/x) (internal job title: Head of the Competence Center Business Functions (m/f/x)) is globaly responsible for digitization and IT-Systems for all areas of Finance and Controlling, Procurement, HR and Legal. She/he reports to the global Head of Digital and Information Technology.
She/he maintains a close relationship with the Global Process Owner in the business, together they define the optimized processes.
The Head of the CC (m/f/x) is responsible for the digitization, automation and optimization of processes with digital resources. The CC drives the new projects, architects, and selects the solutions, customizes the systems, and supervises the external maintenance and support of the relevant systems.
The Head of the Competence Center Business Functions (m/f/x) supervises the dedicated teams, which are focused on the different business functions.
In detail, the following task must be executed:
- Ensure interoperability through the standardization of methods and tools and drive process harmonization within his/her area of responsibility
- Define, execute, and regularly update an integrated digitization strategy, aligning the key strategic elements of business value creation, process efficiency, architecture, and change management
- Transform existing organizations into a Digital and IT Competence Center, consisting of efficiently and effectively operating IT-Systems and modern, agile IT providing the competence base for a real partnership with defined Business Owners and Key Users
- Drive digital business value creation and work on specific functional demands utilizing best practice methodologies (i.e. transactional, customer experience, innovation processes, knowledge management, cooperation methods)
- Contribute to a portfolio management that allows the ranking of planned projects with high transparency and ensures a value realization lifecycle that ultimately delivers the value that had been planned
- Build an internationally collaborating network of experts with designated areas of responsibilities to leverage digitization at tesa on a global scale (virtualizing the CC)
- Define and implement the required architecture (application, process, data, technology), strategy and the respective governance processes that serve as foundation for business value creation and efficiency generation
- Manage assigned functional budgets against financial targets and achieve a proven yearly productivity gain within the core area of the organization
- Ensure that market best practice solutions are known and can be used within tesa
- Take initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity by strengthening the outside-in perspective with regards to digital transformation, and relevant value-adding opportunities within his/her area of responsibility