PDF – 36.8 kB
Product descriptiontesa® 4600 Xtreme Conditions HD is one of tesa´s premium tapes. It is a strong self-amalgamating silicone tape which seals with itself without adhesive. It is applied with tension by wrapping the tape around itself. tesa® 4600 Xtreme Conditons HD creates a water tight, permanent sealing. No drying time is required. Its flexible material can be applied smoothly on any kind of surface, including wet or warm, dirty or oily. Xtreme Conditions can even be applied under water.
Due to its silicone backing the tape has an excellent resistance to various chemical substances, oils, acids, solvents, salt water, UV radiation and extrem temperatures.
tesa® 4600 for heavy duty applications comes with a thickness of 750µm and with a roll length of 10m. Xtreme Conditions is available in black and always comes with a liner.
- Insulating and protecting wiring and connections
- Sealing applications in engine compartment
- Wrap hydraulic fittings and other exposed metal connections to prevent corrosion
- Masking applications in powder coating, liquid coating, e-coating, anodizing and plating
- Automotive applications for wire harness as well as general repairs
- Various bundling, securing, wrapping and repairing applications
.... and many others! Do not hesitate to ask tesa for more information!
Elongation at break
Temperature resistance min.
Temperature resistance max.
Dielectric breakdown voltage
Certified according to
Easy to remove
- Stretch the tape to at least double its normal length. Apply it tight on the surface and overlap it tight around itself.
- To serve the best purpose for standard electrical applications wrap 3 time with 100% overlapping.
- For high pressure leaks (e.g. sealing of pipes) the tape should be stretched very tight and several layers should be used. Depending on the leak and pipe material the tape can withstand a pressure of 12 bar max. Please use max. 4 layers with approx. 100mm tape on both sides of the damaged pipe.
- Due to the self-fusing process, after applying the tape on itself, a permanent bond is created. Therefore, the tape can be used once.
- Please be aware: Xtreme Condition is not compatible with drinking water
tesa® products prove their impressive quality day in, day out in demanding conditions and are regularly subjected to strict controls. All technical information and data above mentioned are provided to the best of our knowledge on the basis of our practical experience. They shall be considered as average values and are not appropriate for a specification. Therefore tesa SE can make no warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The user is responsible for determining whether the tesa® product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application. If you are in any doubt, our technical staff will be glad to support you.