The Regional Key Account Manager (RKAM) is responsible for achieving sales and profitability targets by identifying new business opportunities and establishing a sustained sales project pipeline and relationship with assigned Tier accounts and for collaboration with OEM teams to support spec-in at Tiers.
- The RKAM is accountable for approvals and spec-in work, as well as working with the customer design centers in his/her region to integrate tesa in customer development projects. He/She is responsible for defined Tier customers and for collaboration with OEM teams to support spec-in at Tiers.
- Ensure the strategic development and /or business development of the assigned Key Accounts. For this purpose a global account plan is developed. The implementation in the region is led by the RKAM. The RKAM is also responsible for the communication and execution of the KA plan to all involved functions.
- Ensure a solid tesa network within the Regional Key Account in order to maintain access to market trends, identify sales opportunities and build relationships. Therefore, the contact to relevant decision makers in regional customer centers is maintained. This should also drive idea generation for developments.
- Driving CAS/CRM projects. The task is to implement regional projects and steer global projects across all involved functions as one team. If no GKAM for this account exists, the RKAM also tracks and coordinates the global sales project pipeline for the Key Account.
- Ensure profitability, sales performance and development of the key account. Therefore the RKAM carries out necessary measures to close possible gaps, manages the regional (or global) sales pipeline.
- Carry out key account tasks for the assigned customer. Also the RKAM carries out the negotiation process, monitoring complaint handling and addressing major quality issues, is responsible for lead generation, positioning of tesa and building relationships of trust. This is done in close cooperation with other sales functions across regions as well as marketing.
- Contribute to a good supply of information to all relevant stakeholders in order to improve the Marketing Mix. The RKAM utilizes the relevant global and regional resources (PD, Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, and CSC engineering) to deliver solutions to meet the customers’ needs and timeline.
- Carry out regional competitive analysis in order to identify new opportunities for tesa.
- Travel Expectation: The position requires regular and consistent face to face customer meetings. To achieve this, travel is required upon the needs of the business.
- Bachelor in STEM field, Engineering or Business Administration – or similar degree
- 5 years of working experience in sales, business development or other commercial customer responsible role, experience in technical area is beneficial
- Automotive Industry knowledge/experience (exterior applications preferred)
- People management experience
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in a second language is preferred
- Willingness to travel