Are you mechanically inclined and looking for a career?
- We don't have "assembly" jobs here - our machine operators are independent, able to use basic tools for changeovers, set-up and routine troubleshooting to produce products for several different industries. This makes work interesting, challenging and secure.
- tesa tape may be small and not well known in the US, but that's because we rarely have job openings and our products are only sold to industry. We're looking for people who want a career not just a job.
Reasons people stay at tesa:
- COVID safe. We are dead serious about Safety. We implemented more safety protocols than the CDC recommended, sooner. Only 2 positives were work related.
- above average pay. We pay new hires based on experience. Starting pay for Operators is $15.00 - 17.50/hr. Employees with 5+ years tesa experience average $22/hr and there are 5 job levels to achieve in Production by learning new skills.
- quarterly bonus. The pre-COVID average was $550 per person, per quarter and even in 2020 it was $450 per quarter. New employees are eligible from Day 1.
- skill based pay. Each time you gain new skills by learning a new machine, your pay rate increases by $.50 - .75/hour
- opportunity for OT. When you work OT, it increases your quarterly bonus.
- profit sharing 401k bonus. tesa tape Corporate contributes 7% of gross annual earnings to eligible employees' 401k in addition to the 50% match up to 6%. That means if you put in 6%, tesa puts in another 10%.
- culture of respect and family. You will never get yelled at or disrespected by a supervisor here and will actually be asked for your opinion by engineers and management.
- benefits start within the first month. Two BCBS medical plans, dental, vision, disability, life, and several more.
- PTO and Sick time available after your first 3 months. 18 days combined per year. Neither has to be used before the end of the year.
- Sunday and Holiday OT are rare. Family time is important to us, too.
We will invite you to meet with us and see the Plant if you have:
- stable work history. It takes 3-6 months of training for each machine, so we hire people with a proven track record of reliability.
- manufacturing machine experience OR mechanical skills/ aptitude. Our jobs are challenging and require active problem solving with tools that we provide.
- computer skills. Every Operator uses a computer to manage their orders. We will teach you, but you need to be comfortable using a computer.
- positive, team-oriented attitude. We have no tolerance for drama and insist on mutual respect and cooperation. If you have a "can-do" attitude, you'll go far, fast.
What you will do as an Operator (sample):
- Responsible for setting up and operating the machine to produce high quality products and perform routine machine maintenance.
- Responsible for keeping blade set-ups maintained.
- Work with crush cut and razor blades
- Box, package, stack finished rolls weighing up to 35 lbs to heights of up to 6ft.
- Capable of earning and maintaining a forklift license for a motorized pallet jack.
- Move skids of material and finished goods to and from machine area with pallet jack.
- Complete production data entry in SAP.
Good luck with your application! We hope to meet you soon!
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled