The Product Specialist has responsibility for:
- Maintaining product assortment pricing system for all automotive products. Update pricing strategy by assortment in region with support from Head of Automotive and Marketing operations pricing manager.
- Managing the new item creation process.
- Manage 3rd party product production.
- Project management for process improvement and new product launches and other defined projects.
- Localization of products for North America that are manufactured outside the region.
- Supporting the sales team:
- Maintain customer pricing system and quoting system
- Assist with Creating and publishing marketing content (brochures, sample cards, PI sheets) needed for regular sales activities and to support trade shows and LinkedIN
- Point of contact to sales team for product related information
- Drive projects through the development process which grow top line sales
- Operational Planning - Participates in the development, coordination, and implementation of the the operational advancement of the product portfolio.
- Product / Market Support - Interfaces directly with the sales team to support their daily efforts with customers, by providing product and market related information to the team. Work with sales to advance the opportunity pipeline, by supporting the launch of new products which drive revenue and profit growth. Assist the sales effort by executing market and competition studies. Maintain the customer pricing files and the request for quoting process. Manage projects to optimize existing products for cost or performance and participate in the costing and pricing of the product portfolio. Manage the New Item Creation process, including Cost of Materials estimation in conjunction with Cost Accounting, packaging design, NART and item creation, and define customer quality requirements for assigned projects. Responsible for planning 3rd party production of parts where applicable. Contribute to creation of product and marketing collateral to support the sales effort.
- Controlling - Monitor the business development of the product application groups.
- Knowledge Transfer - Build up knowledge about market trends, product design and manufacturing methods, and competition.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred major in Business, Marketing or Engineering.
- Two years experience in marketing or manufacturing related to product or market management.
- Analytical and process-oriented thinking and systematic approach.
- Excellent communication skills and ability work effectively in cross functional teams.
- Ability to lead group discussions and influence decisions using strategic thinking.
- Must be available for auto/air travel of approximately 10% of the time.
- Fluency in English, Spanish or German is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills including entire Microsoft Suite, strong emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel, ERP systems (such as SAP, SAPB1, Oracle).
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled