The German owned tesa tape, inc., plant in Sparta is continuing to grow with the next capital investment starting this Fall. This newly created position will provide leadership, planning and technical expertise to support the direct steps of several parallel running projects, including the $26M plant expansion 2021 - 2023. In addition to project management, the individual will support troubleshooting related to ongoing serial production. Includes a broad range of topics with a primary focus on improving the overall performance measures for the plant with an emphasis on supporting an efficient and reliable production environment.
Principal Accountabilities/Main functions
- Monitors the operation of equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime, to solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Troubleshoots equipment and adjusts and calibrates machines; removes, replaces and/or repair broken machinery parts as needed.
- Comfortable utilizing a “hands-on” approach to complete objectives.
- Use of controls engineering experience as needed
- Upgrade/replace existing equipment reaching end of serviceable life.
- Identify and implement cost reduction and quality improvement ideas individually and through internal and/or external sources.
- Work in cross functional teams, delivering engineering support for capital investment projects throughout the entire life cycle (feasibility through to serial production).
- Lead and or participate as a contributing member for Plant projects including, but not limited to, equipment/process/development, cost reduction, process improvement, and any other projects deemed necessary to improve operations.
- Partner with contractors/vendors in order to complete projects.
- Mentor project team and other individuals as applicable.
- Contribute to Global Organization, as well as individual Plant goals, KPI and OKR targets.
- Apply engineering principles and procedures to the design, implementation and service of assigned engineering projects/production areas.
- Stay current in technological developments in order to propose improvements for the organization.
- Follow tesa tape policies, procedures, work instructions, and other documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or similar field and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience as a Controls Engineer
- Expert in controls, PLC, VFD, and HMI.
- Expert in Rockwell RSLogix/RS Studio, Factory Talk, Motion control
- Proficiency in Siemens and others a plus.
- Project management experience, PMP certification a plus
- Understanding of industrial networking
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing equipment.
- MS Office computer knowledge and experience.
Here are just a few reasons:
- Very competitive base compensation. Don’t let the size of this plant fool you. We strive to attract and retain the best of the best.
- quarterly bonus. All Plant employees are eligible for a bonus of up to 12% of earnings and new employees participate from Day 1.
- benefits start within the first month. Two BCBS medical plans, dental, vision, disability, life, and several more.
- profit sharing 401k bonus. tesa tape Corporate contributes 7% of gross annual earnings to eligible employees' 401k in addition to the 50% match up to 6%. That means if you put in 6%, tesa puts in another 10%.
- culture of respect, team and family.
- job security. 37 years in Sparta and counting.
- COVID safe. We implemented more safety protocols than the CDC recommended, sooner. As a result, our positivity rate was very low with only 1 case spread in our building in 16 months. In addition, 72% of our employees are vaccinated or protected by Covid-19 antibodies.
- PTO and Sick time is above average. 18 days combined per year for every employee.